(FOX) Law enforcement officials reports that the late singer Prince died of an opioid overdose. The 57-year old musician was found dead April 21st in the elevator of his Minneapolis estate, according to Fox News and the Associated Press. Investigators have been reviewing whether Prince died of an overdose and whether a doctor was prescribing him drugs in the weeks before his death.
(CNN) The UCLA gunman is identified as Mainak Sarkar. Police found a “kill list” in his Minnesota home, which included engineering professor William Klug and another deceased woman. A police chief said “a dispute over intellectual property” was tied to the shooting. Sarkar, a 2013 Ph.D. graduate of UCLA’s School of Engineering, drove to Los Angeles with two handguns, then shot William Klug in his fourth-floor office before committing suicide. KTLA reported live as students were search at the building.
(FOX) A Somali man accused of leading mass executions during the country’s civil war in the 1980’s has been working as a security guard at a Washington D.C. airport, according to Fox News. Yusuf Abdi Ali, from Virginia, passed FBI and TSA security checks for six years working at Dulles International Airport. He’s on administrative leave. Ali was named in a 2006 lawsuit for crime against humanity, which has been appealed. Officials told CNN that the U.S. government has been aware of Ali for years “based upon allegations that he had been involved in human rights violations,” but declined to elaborate.
(CNN) Three Syrian men were arrested in Germany Thursday on suspicion of planning a terror attack, according to CNN. On behalf of ISIS, they planned a mass attack on the western German city of Dusseldorf that would have used suicide vests and guns. There is a fourth suspect who has been in French custody since February. This comes days after the United States issued a travel alert for Europe extending through August 31st. Authorities are cracking down on possible terrorist attacks that could be plotted around Europe this summer.
(FOX) Eleven states are suing the Obama administration over the order for public schools to allow transgender students to use their bathroom of choice. Obama defended the policy Wednesday, saying it’s based on law the best interests of children. Kansas will sue as well, but hasn’t decided whether to join the eleven states in the same lawsuit. Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said “Transgender students deserve the rights of anyone else. It does not mean they get to use the girls’ room if they’re a boy.” Obama said there are more pressing issues than the transgender bathroom policy, and insisted the nation unites to create a safe environment.
Featured Image Credit: Google, Labeled for Reuse