Are you interested in becoming a part of The ‘Burg family? If so, you are in luck! We are currently looking for creative, motivated students to add to our staff. We are now accepting applications for our Underwriter Coordinator position. Tasks will include writing on-air scripts, event promotion, sponsorship management and opportunities for social media management and blog writing.
Visit the CWU Job Board to apply and view a a full list of required qualifications and job duties…or just read below!
- To generate external revenue and sponsorships
- Assist sponsor and donor needs
- Assist with station promotional events and activities
- Help ensure ongoing station viability among the target CWU student population
- Better-than-average spoken and written English communication skills
- Positive work ethic and attitude
- Ability to serve sponsors and underwriters in a timely and professional manner
- An open mind toward all types of music
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work productively and respectfully in team situations and with people from diverse backgrounds, orientations, and abilities
- Ability to recruit and motivate a large number of volunteers and paid staff, to enlist their help in carrying out station promotional endeavors
- Willingness to work and learn in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Teachable, able to follow instructions, cooperative, and receptive to supervisory guidance and correction
- Desire to present promotions and event music catered to CWU student preferences and tastes.
- Aptitude for learning audio technology.
- Competent organization and time management skills, attention to detail, and an ability to maintain work expectations under deadline pressure
- Oversee all station inventory assigned to your functional area.
- Ensure equipment used for station events is properly checked out, used, cared for, transported, and accounted for.
- Keep paid and volunteer student staff accountable for:
-FCC underwriting language and protocol
-Station sales/media kit procedures and terms
-Other related procedures and protocols as they apply
- Prospect and secure station sponsors from the local/regional business community
- Routinely meet with them; ensure their graphic ads, on-air and online spots are current and to their liking; ensure timely updates are made so sponsors remain properly serviced and satisfied.|
- Maintain, and revise as necessary, the station Media Kit (revisions must be approved by the General Manager before being enacted)
- Write all underwriting scripts within FCC guidelines (On-air and online scripts to be written to sponsor specifications, and must be approved by the General Manager before production and use)|
- Prepare the FCC-required Donor’s List every quarter (Placed in the Public Inspection File 4 times per year; to be approved by General Manager)\
- Submit web content from sponsors and events to IT immediately, to be added to the main page slider of www.881theburg.com.
Promotions Coordinator Assistance
- Assist the Promotions Coordinator as necessary in completing joint station Promotions events and/or projects
- Other duties as assigned